Lemon! This bright yellow, all season fruit no doubt has innumerable advantages. Many people use lemon water as a way to lose kilos. Does it really help in weight loss?
Lemon and weight loss.. are they really connected??
Yes! It does help accelerate the process of weight loss by the following mechanisms:
- Activate the detoxifying process and clear out the toxins from the body, thus accelerates our sluggish metabolism, increasing our calorie burning capacity.
- Has diuretic and laxative effect.
- Helps cleanse the liver, stimulate the liver to produce more bile.
- Stimulates the production of gastric juices.
- Vitamin C helps stimulate a series of chemical reactions that break down our body fat for use as energy.
- It creates an alkaline atmosphere in the stomach which is conducive to weight loss.
- Contains pectin which is known to cut down hunger cravings and providing satiety effects.
- Last but not least… Substituting other drinks with lemon water certainly reduces the caloric consumption as lemon water adds ZERO calories.
Some ways to incorporate lemon in your diet are:
- Lemon water
- Salad Dressing
- Lemon Tea
- Use as a marinade
- Use of lemon rind
- Lemon goes well with a number of sweet and savory dishes as well.